Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Building a Culture of Teaching and Learning"

I agree with Dr. Tae 100%. College classes have become “depersonalized,” and being lectured at for 50 minutes three days a week by a professor who doesn't care about teaching is worthless. In high school, I loved chemistry, so I took a chemistry class at ASU as my general studies science. It was the worst class I had ever taken, because the professor did not really care about teaching us. The labs experiments that we performed were extremely boring as well, and half the time we weren't really sure why they were useful. I had a psychology class that had about 300 students in it, more than my chemistry class, yet the professor managed to keep most of the class engaged. That's because he liked to teach and wanted to teach. Students can tell when a professor likes their job, and if it's obvious that the professor does not like teaching, the students immediately disconnect and don't learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment